Thursday, June 7, 2012

14 weeks!!

4 weeks, 14 weeks

I always thought 14 weeks sounded so...pregnant. Being 14 weeks feels like quite the accomplishment. When I look at the picture of me at 14 weeks I feel like it isn't really me...is that strange? Probably. I guess it's kind of hard to get used to a "baby bump". But I welcome it with open arms. It's exciting that even strangers know I am pregnant. It's such an exciting time in my life. I just hope that I can get back to being as skinny as I was before I found out I was pregnant, lol! I finally got back down to a size 4! That was also the goal - to reach a goal weight before I got pregnant. I'm hoping it will make for an easier "bounce back". All moms reading this please don't burst my bubble ;). 

As you may or may not know, we're putting most of our money on the tech being right in the fact that we're having a little GIRL. So I've been doing some thinking on nursery ideas and we've been trying to decide on her name. 

Our top runners in the name department are Harper and Brynn (with a possible modification to Brinn). We do not have any middle names picked yet. 

Harper Butrimas 
Brynn Butrimas
...Hmmm

******************************


We really like these colors for the nursery. I am thinking about painting her walls the lime green color. I'm also thinking white furniture. 
I'm not a fan of all of the baby theme rooms with the cartoon animals and pastel colors. I am liking the really modern, bold color look. I've seen some tree stencils that are really cool. Maybe we'll think about doing a stencil of some sort. Not too sure yet! :) I also like the nurseries I've seen where they have the letters of the baby's name hanging over the crib. That's cute. Or just the initials. 

I think that should bring you just about up-to-date! :)

How far along? 14 weeks...26 to go!
Total weight gain: 5lbs 
Maternity clothes? UPDATE! My AMAZING sister-in-law, Kelly, is letting me borrow her entire maternity wardrobe. I'm talking work pants, jeans, shorts, tops, dresses, skirts, EVERYTHING! I'm a very lucky girl! 
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Finally going to buy a body pillow this weekend. Hopefully I'll be mad I've waiting so long and will be sleeping like a baby again. Sleep isn't bad, I'm just not as comfortable and am always stiff when I wake up.   
Best moment this week: Hearing my baby girl's heartbeat :). I had a monthly check-up on Wednesday. 158!
Miss Anything? Most everything I have mentioned before.  
Food cravings: Give me the sweet stuff! Or the salty stuff... :)  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Some meats. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. It's still hard to believe. I check out my reflection ever chance I get, LOL. 
Gender prediction: Girl :) 
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with bursts of energy...woah! Haha
Looking forward to: My momma coming to town on the 15th!! Mommy/daughter shopping & pedicures and so much more! <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment